Want to keep your ice-cream cool throughout your entire party?
Like to turn a simple tub of vanilla ice-cream into a center piece and topic of conversation?
Interested in hearing plenty of ooh's and ah's?
It is very easy to make a stunning ice-cream cooler!
Follow these instructions for a single ice-cream cooler:
- Choose a container that can fit into your freezer that is big enough to hold your tub of ice-cream and has sides that are as high as the tub of ice-cream.
- Partly fill it with cold water.
- Add the tub of ice-cream.
- Add ice around the tub of ice-cream (you want to use ice rather than water so that the ice-cream doesn't begin to melt.)
- Add fruit that matches the theme. I added strawberries and blueberries.
- Weigh down the tub of ice-cream with something heavy. I used another tub of ice-cream as I have limited freezer space, so used what needed to stay in the freezer in any case.
- Leave overnight to freeze well.
- Transport to your party location in the container and then run some warm water on the outside of the container to melt the ice a little bit.
- Place the solid block of ice with the ice-cream tub inside it on a dish or tray that will be able to hold the water as it slowly melts.
- Voila! You are all set and guests can serve themselves throughout your party without your having to run backwards and forwards to your freezer in an effort to keep the ice-cream cool!
Please share these tips with your friends and encourage them to sign up to receive our Heartistry newsletters.