I love my cake stands! A cake stand does the same thing for a simple pie, as high heels do for a girl!
- Elevate that peach pie on the cake stand and it is time to party!
- Place a cupcake on a cake stand and you have a celebration!
If you have extra money in your budget, buy yourself a simple cake stand. You will add fun and pizzazz to every day meals and you'll use it over and over for celebrations and special events.
10 ITEMS TO PUT ON A CAKE STAND:
- A cake (now that is a surprise!)
- Special desserts that deserve VIP treatment such as macaroons
- Cupcakes and petit fours- they can even be used instead of a wedding cake
- Fruit- fresh berries are beautiful for a brunch
- Hard boiled eggs- I add my bird salt and pepper shakers
- Seasonal decorations-Easter lambs, fall pumpkins and gourds, Christmas decorations
- Flower arrangements- add a few blooms to your favorite tea cup and set it up high
- Salt, mini lights, some greenery and a little bird for a winter scene (check out the instructionalvideo here)
- Ribbons, feathers, souvenirs from your travels, books piles on the sides with spines showing
- A couple of framed photos of your honored guest can be placed in the centre of the table
The simple act of serving a cake on a cake stand makes the entire event feel more special.
I served my friend from India a simple birthday cake on one of my favorite cake stands and he was so delighted and appreciated it so much. Look at his face!
Heartistry Tip: I used a bundt pan and then put a single bloom in the middle of the cake and added some candles. Very easy, yet effective.
Just for a laugh! Look at my online order that arrived!
I would love to hear how you use your cake stand. Please share comments below. You are welcome to post photos on our Heartistry Facebook page too.