Hospitality is such a powerful practice. It impacts us, the lives of our families and those around us. Yet very few people practice hospitality.
Why is that? I have observed these in myself at times, as well as in others. I would love to hear your thoughts, so please add to my list in the comments section below.
- I am too busy
- My cooking skills are not good enough
- I don’t like to cook
- My home is not suitable for guests
- I don’t have margin in my budget
- I have never done it before so am nervous
- My privacy is very important to me
- My family doesn’t want to host people
- There is hidden dysfunction in our family
- I don’t have a vision for the impact hospitality can have
Why am I just stating the problem?
I have endeavored to offer as many resources as I can to increase people's vision and equip them with the skills necessary on the rest of the Heartistry.info site. So please spend some time checking out the rest of the blog. It may well inspire you to reach out more to others around you!